May 27, 2011
Monaco: Porsche Supercup qualifying
We may be in one of the temples of Formula 1 but you got to love what having fenders lets you get away with.
As you may know, Fridays are free in Monaco so you can pick whatever spot you choose to watch both Supercup qualifying and the long GP2 race. I decided on a spot overlooking the second Swimming pool complex.
It was amazing to see the fast guys turn in early, aim for the end of the guard rail and brush it every time. You could clearly hear it, tshhk....tsshk... From there they would attack the opposite side curb, bounce about a foot in the air and then gathered it all up in time not to hit the far side barrier. Very cool.
René Rast did it best, qualifying his VELTINS Lechner Racing 997 GT3 cup in 1:35.734, a new Supercup track record .
Sight and sounds below, a full gallery and result from today after the jump
1. René Rast (D), VELTINS Lechner Racing, 1:35.734 minutes
2. Nick Tandy (GB), Konrad Motorsport, + 0.313 seconds
3. Kuba Giermaziak (PL), VERVA Racing Team, + 0.635
4. Sean Edwards (GB), Team Abu Dhabi by tolimit, + 0.641
5. Jeroen Bleekemolen (NL), Team Abu Dhabi by tolimit, + 0.710
6. Sebastiaan Bleekemolen (NL), Team Bleekemolen, +0.845
It's all HD so don't be afraid to go full screen for maximum enjoyment!