I'm not necessarily referring to Hamilton finally winning in Spa but for the fans who suffer through so many boring races. Here is just a quick scoring of the 2010 Belgian GP.
Hamilton. one of his best races ever, he took advantage of Webber's lousy start and was able to control the field in very difficult conditions, he turned in an amazing set of fast laps when needed and was lucky enough not to hit anything when he did make his one mistake.
Spa: payback for all the boring races you will watch during a the Formula 1 season.
Jenson Button, Fernando Alonso, both had their races ruined by another driver who forgot how to brake in the wet. Alonso's trouble of course started saturday when the team made the wrong tire choice and he ended up in 10th spot. His mistake towards the end of the race though was entirely self inflicted and frankly inexcusable.
Webber's start, Kubica's pit stop. Massa's competent but completely uninspired race.
Sebastian Vettel, Rubens Barrichello. Starting to have real doubts about the Vettel,, yes shit happens but it sure happens a lot to him.
As for Barrichello, after all the (actually not so convincing) maudlin tributes to him on the BBC for his 300th GP start, the Ziggy of Formula 1 makes the mistake his did? Making it worse, in typical Rubens fashion, he later blamed it "on the wet conditions" as if those existed just for him.
MIchael Schumacher: 21st to 7th says it all
Force India: What is it about Force India and Spa? their straight line speed was incredible. Both Sutil and Liuzzi had great drives.
Renault: great to see the team climb back on top.
(I'm away on vacation so for now just the BBC's Highlights.... more as I'm able)
PROVISIONAL RACE RESULTS
The Belgian Grand Prix
44 laps; 308.052km;
Pos Driver Team Time
1. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 1h29m04.268s
2. Webber Red Bull-Renault +1.571
3. Kubica Renault +3.493
4. Massa Ferrari +8.264
5. Sutil Force India-Mercedes +9.094
6. Rosberg Mercedes +12.359
7. Schumacher Mercedes +15.548
8. Kobayashi Sauber-Ferrari +16.678
9. Petrov Renault +23.851
10. Alguersuari Toro Rosso-Ferrari +29.457
11. Liuzzi Force India-Mercedes +34.831
12. De la Rosa Sauber-Ferrari +36.019
13. Buemi Toro Rosso-Ferrari +39.895
14. Hulkenberg Williams-Cosworth +1 lap
15. Vettel Red Bull-Renault +1 lap
16. Kovalainen Lotus-Cosworth +1 lap
17. Di Grassi Virgin-Cosworth +1 lap
18. Glock Virgin-Cosworth +1 lap
19. Trulli Lotus-Cosworth +1 lap
20. Yamamoto HRT-Cosworth +2 laps
Fastest lap: Hamilton, 1m49.069s
Driver Team On lap
Alonso Ferrari 38
Button McLaren-Mercedes 16
Senna HRT-Cosworth 6
Barrichello Williams-Cosworth 1
All timing unofficial